Lake Station Water Filtration Plant
Lake Station, Indiana
The purpose of the project was to assess the current potable water system and identify the necessary infrastructure improvements for expanding and improving the existing water treatment and distribution system. Final design included a 2-MGD drinking water treatment plant, five groundwater supply wells, a new booster pump station, a 500,000-gallon elevated storage tank, and 16,000 linear feet of both raw and finished water main.
The purpose of the project was to assess Lake Station’s current potable water system and to identify the necessary infrastructure improvements that correlate to their needs for expanding and improving the existing water treatment and distribution system. A needs assessment was performed to determine the City’s short-term and long-term improvement goals. Existing mapping and operational data was analyzed to gain an understanding of the water system. A water system model was developed to model current and future water demands and to identify key infrastructure projects. Following the extensive study and research, a preliminary engineering report (PER) was prepared as part of an application for SRF funding of the selected infrastructure projects. The City was awarded $11.7 million to fund the projects identified in the PER. Our engineering consultants later designed a 2-MGD drinking water treatment plant, five groundwater supply wells, reonvoation of an existing booster pump station and 16,000 lft of both raw and finished water main. Construction of all elements was completed in September 2015.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak