Oak Grove Road, Phase I - Vanderburgh/Warrick County Line to Libbert Road
American Structurepoint provided construction inspection for the reconstruction of 1.9 miles of Oak Grove Road to 0.1 mile east of Libbert Road. The project consists of widening Oak Grove Road from a 2-lane, 24-foot-wide section to a 2-lane, 40-foot-wide section. To match the road widening, a new bridge was constructed over Edward’s Ditch. The new bridge is a single-span bridge with prestressed box-beams built to accommodate additional widening of Oak Grove in the future. Major components of the bridge work included driving piling, setting new beams, placing metal deck pans, and pouring concrete for the end bents and bridge deck.
In addition, an articulating concrete mattress was placed beneath the bridge to help with permanent erosion control. This project also addresses flooding by raising the elevation of Oak Grove Road by up to five feet in some areas and constructing new ditches at the outside of right-of-way. The project is comprised of lime stabilization subgrade treatment, embankment construction, QC/QA HMA paving, concrete drives, concrete curb construction, and the installation of a wide variety of drainage structures. The Oak Grove Road reconstruction project was constructed for Warrick County in conjunction with the Indiana Department of Transportation Vincennes District. Construction costs were $4.9 million (Contract R-31722).
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak