State Boulevard Reconstruction Project between Spy Run and Cass Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana
This federally funded LPA project included the reconstruction, widening, and realignment of State Boulevard to remove substandard horizontal curves through a residential neighborhood. American Structurepoint prepared the environmental analysis resulting in the development of an environmental assessment for the proposed roadway reconstruction. Critical project elements included cultural resources, as the proposed project is located within two National Register listed historic districts, as well as Section 4(f) concerns due to impacts to the surrounding historic districts.
An individual Section 4(f) evaluation was prepared due to impacts and right-of-way acquisition from the historic properties and a local park. The project required significant coordination with consulting parties though the Section 106 Process and the preparation of a memorandum of agreement for adverse effects to the historical properties. The project development also required extensive public involvement due to proposed roadway reconstruction and realignment through the historically significant neighborhood.
Field studies included a wetland delineation and an assessment of historic properties, an environmental site assessment including determination of potential hazardous waste locations and other potential environmental problem areas and ecological assessments necessary for the proposed improvement. Preparation and coordination of the USACE Section 404 Permit Application and IDEM Section 401 Water Quality Certification Application was also a requirement of the project.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak