Michigan City, Indiana
This federal-aid LPA project will rehabilitate 1.9 miles of a relinquished state road, converting the corridor into a gateway entrance into downtown Michigan City. The project introduces context sensitive elements along the 4-lane divided roadway, including decorative lighting and signals, stamped asphalt crosswalks, raised decorative median walls, bicycle lanes in each direction, new sidewalks, removal of on-street parking, and planting of a new tree-lined landscape along the median and outside portions of the corridor.
American Structurepoint designed and performed construction inspection services for the rehabilitation of Michigan Boulevard between US 12 and Carroll Avenue. The existing pavement width was reduced in most areas with the exception of various parking lanes throughout the project. New concrete curb and gutters, curb ramps, drive approaches, and sidewalk were constructed. The pavement patching section consisted of 3 inches of QC/QA-HMA asphalt on 9 inches of PCC base patching connecting to the existing concrete pavement on 7 inches of compacted aggregate base and Subgrade Treatment Type IV. The remaining sections of roadway have 3 inches of asphalt milled and replaced with 3 inches of QC/QA-HMA asphalt and decorative asphalt stamping at each street approach. Drainage improvements include new structures along the new curb line connecting to the existing storm sewer. This federal-aid LPA project rehabilitated approximately two miles of roadway.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak