Limited Army Aviation Support Facility
Located at the Gary/Chicago International Airport, this Limited Army Aviation Support Facility consists of approximately 30,000 sft of hangar space and 24,600 sft for supporting functions. The hangar portion of the project consists of 90-foot clear-span steel trusses from front to back supported by 175-foot clear span "mega" trusses spanning the hangar doors. The major challenge for this facility was to adhere to the FAA's building height requirements while considering the minimum height required for the Indiana National Guard's aviation equipment. Due to these stringent constraints, the "mega" trusses were limited to a total height of 13'-4". The facility earned the Army's SPiRiT Silver self-certified rating and gave the Guard much-needed access to the Chicago/northwest Indiana metropolitan area.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak