I-65 Johnson County Added Travel Lanes Design-Build
Johnson County, Indiana
American Structurepoint prepared 30-percent plans and design-build contract documents for an additional travel lane in each direction of the segment of I-65 from SR 44 to Main Street in Greenwood. This fast-track INDOT 2020 project interfaced with four interchanges and included the environmental document, wetland delineations, and topographic survey for the full 11 miles. The project replaces four bridge rehabilitations and one bridge replacement. A full pavement replacement was determined to address failing pavement and drainage concerns, with a dual-bid option provided for the contractors. The project was ready for letting in nine months from notice to proceed.
In addition, American Structurepoint assisted INDOT with the technical proposal evaluations and providing the consultant review of the design build plan submissions. The American Structurepoint survey team performed a full topographic and route survey for this heavily traveled 11-mile stretch of interstate highway. Conventional and aerial survey methods were used to safely and efficiently gather the necessary data for the design team.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak