Calumet, Roosevelt, and Vale Park Roundabout Construction Inspection
American Structurepoint consulted on this project for improving a highly-traveled, five-point intersection by converting it from a signaled intersection to a roundabout in the city of Valparaiso. The intersection had been a major concern for the city due to both travel times and severity of crashes. Construction was completed in three phases, allowing traffic to remain on the heaviest traveled legs throughout construction and limiting complete road closures to the shortest time possible. Construction involved complete road reconstruction, including stone base, asphalt, concrete curb & gutter and sidewalk installation.
All legs of the roundabout received ADA accessible ramps. Storm sewer was improved and upgraded for possible future expansion. New water main was constructed as well. Work was performed for the City of Valparaiso in conjunction with the INDOT LaPorte District. Construction costs were $2.4 million and were funded through various Federal Aid Grants with a local match provided by the Valparaiso Redevelopment Commission (Contract R-33384).
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak