45th Avenue from Cleveland Street (SR 55) to Chase Street, Phase IIA
Crown Point, Indiana
Specialists from American Structurepoint performed road construction inspection services for the reconstruction of 45th Avenue from 800 feet west of Chase Street heading east approximately 4,578 feet to the project terminus located at Cleveland Street (SR 55). The existing 2-lane roadway will be removed and replaced with a section that includes one 12-foot lane in each direction with a 16-foot-wide, 2-way left-turn lane running down the middle of the roadway. The roadway cross-section will be constructed using full-depth QC/QA HMA pavement over subgrade treatment type IA, and includes new concrete curb and gutter along both sides of the roadway. New 5-foot-wide concrete sidewalk will be constructed along both sides of the roadway as well.
Storm drainage will be accomplished via an enclosed system consisting of curb inlets and manholes. The proposed storm system will be constructed in two separate sections. Both sections will outlet into two new detention ponds constructed as part of this project.
Additional elements of the project include the installation of a new lighting system through the project limits, traffic signal modifications at Cleveland Street, new signage, new pavement markings, as well as new mailboxes. This project will also include the demolition of an existing 1-story block home identified as parcel 229. The advance clearing project will include right-of-way clearing for the entire project. This work will include the removal of approximately 118 existing trees ranging in diameter from 4 inches up to 60 inches, and the demolition of eight parcels that include 14 separate structures.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak