169th Street Rehabilitation, Southeastern Avenue to Lindberg Avenue
This $10 million project consisted of the reconstruction of one mile of 169th Street from Southeastern Avenue to Lindberg Avenue. The existing 4-lane section was reconstructed with new storm sewers, sanitary sewer, water main, curb and gutter, sidewalk, utility relocation, QC/QA HMA asphalt pavement, signage, greenery, and signals. Signal work included traffic signal upgrades at Wicker Avenue, Indianapolis Boulevard (SR 152), and Purdue University-Calumet entrance. In addition, cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) was installed for a portion of the existing sanitary sewer to avoid additional excavation under an existing petroleum pipeline.
This field change was coordinated with our company's environmental engineering group, INDOT and the City of Hammond. Specific elements of the road construction project included 37,776 MG of QC/QA HMA, 4,049 meters of concrete curb and gutter, 4,815 square meters of concrete sidewalk, 2,292 square meters of concrete drive pavement, 7 sanitary manholes, 667 meters of sanitary sewer, 138 storm sewer structures, 3,934 meters of storm sewer pipe, and 1,696 meters of ductile iron water main. 169th Street was constructed using local and federal funds, with work performed for the City of Hammond in conjunction with the INDOT LaPorte District. (Contract R-28905).
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak