Veterans Affairs Parking Structure and Vertical Expansion
As part of a design-build team, consultants from American Structurepoint led the design for the original post-tensioned, cast-in-place parking structure with site parking and improvements. The three-story structure was designed for easy expansion, and two years after construction, our team finalized the design for the structure’s three-story addition with pedestrian connector bridge that allows safe and sheltered entry into the hospital after parking.
Our design objective for the parking structure exterior was to provide a functional, visually appealing facility that is a source of convenience for end users. Pre-cast concrete panels were used for a majority of the exterior parking garage cladding system. This material provides an economic structure with a multitude of design options to set the structure apart, as well as tie into the existing hospital.
The site design accommodated a complex network of existing utilities, while maintaining utility service and access to existing buildings on the VA campus. Site elements are arranged in an efficient, functional manner, using durable materials to create a safe pedestrian environment. The design and construction of the project was phased in order to turn over completed areas of the site to the VA, allowing them to use the access road and surface parking areas as soon as possible.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak