Purdue North Central Student Services & Activities Complex
This new $33.7 million, 86,000-sft multi-purpose complex serves Purdue University North Central (PNC) athletics, students, and the community. The building provides instructional space for auditorium-size classes. American Structurepoint performed the civil/site development services focusing on the surrounding natural environment of the campus and implementation of low-impact development principles where appropriate.
The PNC campus sits on 268 acres, but recently the campus buildings became inadequate to meet community and university needs. Many of the typical community, athletic, and university events, including the commencement ceremony, could not be held at PNC because they were unable to host an event with more than 300 attendees. That was when the vision for the Student Services & Activities Complex was developed. This new multi-purpose facility fosters the creation and enhancement of programs and activities to transform the student experience and facilitate the engagement and development of the regional community. The 86,000-sft building serves PNC athletics, students, and the community. The building provides instructional space for auditorium-size classes. Conference facilities with flexible break-out rooms for academic classes, professional seminars, and continuing education programs are also included. The new complex will also be used for university assemblies, convocations, exhibitions, and community outreach events. Infrastructure improvements for the southern end of the campus include widening South Street to full-road section and extension of water and sanitary sewer mains to the south end of campus. Regional stormwater management will be analyzed and adjustments made for the displacement of storage for the parking lot. The site development will consider surrounding natural environment of the campus and implement low-impact development principles where appropriate. LEED credits were considered as part of each design phase.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak