Purdue University - Bechtel Innovation Design Center
West Lafayette, Indiana
The Bechtel Innovation Design Center promotes collaboration, creativity, teamwork, problem-solving, and management skills for Purdue University engineering and technology students as they brainstorm, plan, and execute design and student-led projects. American Structurepoint's structural engineers designed the 2-story, 32,000-sft superstructure which uses a two-way reinforced concrete slab at the main level and structural steel-framed floor and roof systems above to accommodate a wide range of current and future laboratory, machining, and 3D printing equipment.
Also included is a high-bay vehicles lab with overhead crane and a full basement with reinforced concrete walls and concrete slab on grade. Our structural engineers worked with Purdue’s project team to develop the structural framing concepts early in the design phase and we provided design guidance throughout the project, including interdisciplinary coordination and development of cost-efficient, constructible details to allow for the desired architectural expression while staying under the project construction budget. Our structural staff was also responsible for construction administration, which included collaborative coordination with the project construction team, submittal reviews, timely RFI review and response, and on-site construction visits.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak