Parkview Regional Medical Center
Fort Wayne, Indiana
This new core hospital, situated on 70 acres, included design for a 950,000-sft building, 50,000 sft of structured parking underneath the hospital, and a new central plant and loading dock with tunnel. American Structurepoint led five civil/landscape subconsultants, and was responsible for all on- and off-site infrastructure improvements, site design, on- and off-site traffic operations analyses and traffic signal warrant analyses, and permitting. The $95 million project included the design of complex, interconnected, low-impact storm water quality facilities, which were the first of their kind approved by the County surveyor’s office.
Adjacent to this hospital expansion are a number of roadways in need of construction, improvements, and widening. American Structurepoint was responsible for the coordination and design of 0.3 mile of new roadway, 0.9 mile of public road widening, and coordination with a subconsultant on the design of 0.75 mile of additional public road widening. Altogether these roadway improvement projects will result in the addition of 3.7 new lane miles and 3.3 lane miles of improved roadway. The project included site, utility, grading, earthwork, and drainage design, as well as the design of complex, interconnected, low-impact stormwater quality facilities, which were the first of their kind approved by the Allen County Surveyor's Office. The design, coordination, and construction of the $15 million off-site infrastructure improvements required extensive coordination with Parkview Hospital, the general contractor, Allen County Highway Department, Allen County Surveyor's office, INDOT, and multiple utility companies, including the American Electric Power transmission line division.
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak