Kentucky Avenue Bridge over Big Eagle Creek
American Structurepoint provided project supervision and construction inspection services for rehabilitation of a three-span, earth-filled arch structure. The bridge was reconstructed to resemble the original design while being in compliance with current design standards. Rehabilitation work included removal of the existing pavement, sidewalks, bridge rails, and spandrel walls. The existing earth fill material was removed down to the arch rings. Portions of the existing arch rings were removed to a depth at which sound concrete was encountered.
The structure was reconstructed in two phases, allowing traffic to use the structure throughout the project. Services included reviewing shop drawings and falsework plans, layout and revision of maintenance-of-traffic plan, tracking of materials, concrete testing and acceptance, sounding and making other determinations for removal of existing concrete, tracking quantities and progressive pay estimates, monitoring all construction activities, and public relations. This was an LPA project performed for IDPW with oversight and contract administration through INDOT.
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak