Gemini Parkway Extension Design-Build
The Gemini Parkway extension project was the construction of a new boulevard to provide access to the new IKEA store at the Gemini Parkway and I-71 interchange. Not only for the IKEA store moving in, this project was constructed to promote the redevelopment of the old Polaris Amphitheater area and to provide another east-west connection on the south side of Delaware County. This project included the construction of a new roadway from Orion Place to Worthington Road, including the realignment of Worthington Road, East Powell Road, Olde East Powell Road, and Olde Worthington Road. The work also consisted of new sidewalks, shared-use paths, traffic signals, street lighting, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water lines, landscaping, and necessary traffic control devices.
The design-build team coordinated with adjacent construction projects during the design and construction of this project, including commercial site developments and Delaware County road improvement projects along East Powell Road and Worthington Road.
All services performed by the design-build team are in conformance of the specifications provided by the ODOT Scope of Services including specifications for ODOT, City of Columbus, City of Westerville, and Delaware County manuals and guidelines. The project limits consisted of the extension of Gemini Parkway from approximately 550 feet west of Orion Place to intersect Worthington Road at East Powell Road. The project also included realignment of Worthington Road from Polaris Parkway to Gemini Parkway and from the Worthington Road/Gemini Parkway intersection to approximately 130 feet east of East Powell Road. East Powell Road was also realigned from Worthington Road to approximately 900 feet northwest of Worthington Road. The project also included provision for two new roadways along the Gemini Roadway extension for future development access.
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak