Battery Innovation Center
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is a collaborative in-state initiative designed to incorporate leadership from universities, government agencies, and commercial enterprises to focus on the rapid development, testing, and commercialization of safe, reliable, and lightweight energy storage systems for defense and commercial customers. Completed using a design-build delivery, the BIC design reflects the advanced technology produced at this $12 million facility and creates an anchor from which a growing industrial park can develop an architectural language. The architecture is low maintenance, flexible, and energy efficient to support the ideas that are important to the BIC. The 30,058-sft facility includes 24,164 sft of laboratory space. Of the laboratory space, 1,800 sft is dry room space.
BIC is located at the WestGate @ Crane Technology Park, which is adjacent to Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane (NSWC Crane), the Department of Defense center of excellence in battery development and power electronics. Partners of this facility include Crane Navel Base, Delphi, Indiana University, Purdue University, Notre Dame University, and Ivy Tech Community College—among others.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak
Awards + Recognition
2013 Engineering Excellence Awards