Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion IV
Hendricks County, Indiana
American Structurepoint designed the expansion and modification of the existing wastewater treatment plant. This consisted of installing two new 800-scfm blowers with 50hp motors and increasing the capacity of the three existing 723-scfm blowers to 800 scfm and replacing all the existing EPDM diffusers in the aeration tank with a fine bubble diffused air system with ceramic diffusers. An effluent weir trough on an aeration basin was designed and constructed, as well as four new raw sewage pumps and associated piping, valves, fittings, and controls were installed.
Three control weirs and baffles were installed in the existing flow splitting structure. The project involved working on the existing facilities and coordinating the work activities with and in sequence with the operation of the plant, with no unscheduled shut down of the daily operation. The project also required extension of the existing return sludge piping from the aeration basin and oxidization ditches to the flow splitting structure and five new return/waste sludge pumps, including associated piping.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak