US 24 Fort to Port
Allen County, Ohio
American Structurepoint prepared design plans for over 5,000 lft of stream mitigation and over 15 acres of wetland mitigation for impacts along the new 11-mile stretch of US 24. After conducting a wetland delineation along the proposed alignment and identifying the mitigation areas, American Structurepoint began the design process. Stream mitigation designed along Schaaf Ditch and Marsh Ditch consisted of constructing a 2-stage channel along one bank of each stream, and regrading along the opposite bank.
By only constructing a 2-stage channel along one bank, the Allen County Drainage Board is still provided access for maintenance of the legal drains. Replanting native vegetation was also proposed to aid in bank stabilization. The wetland mitigation site, adjacent to the Marsh Ditch stream mitigation site, consisted of two wetland cells planted with woody and emergent wetland vegetation. The project required continuous coordination with the USACE, IDEM, and IDNR to obtain an individual Section 404 Permit, individual Section 401 Permits, and multiple Construction in a Floodway Permits. In addition, American Structurepoint also worked closely with the Allen County Drainage Board to obtain the appropriate permits to construct the stream mitigation along the two designated legal drains.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak