St. Joseph River CSO/River Stabilization Study
South Bend, Indiana
The city of South Bend’s LTCP stipulates an 8.7MG CSO storage tank in Leeper Park which would dewater after the storm into the existing collection system. The project evaluates the idea to construct a multi-purpose project along the south bank of the St. Joseph River—to store/transport the combined sewage to the WWTP instead of storing it and constructing a multi use path over the sewer. as well as a riverbank slope stabilization issue that needs to be addressed in this same area. Our report will address the technical feasibility, constructability, and cost to construct several alternative solutions, as well as the regulatory and permitting issues and how those would impact the ultimate plan.
The pipe would become the walking trail and provide stabilization along the toe of the riverbank. It also provided findings on regulatory and permitting issues and how those would impact the ultimate plan as well as input from critical stakeholders, including the property owners immediately adjacent to the river who are most immediately impacted. Ultimately, the report recommended alternatives to the LTCP’s original concept that are predicted to cost less, provide the same or higher level of service, and do not impact Leeper Park. American Structurepoint is the prime consultant and is responsible for overall project management for the LTCP design review and multi-purpose project study. CHA is responsible for the hydraulic modeling and river walk trail conceptual design while NTH Consultants is responsible for the stabilization geotechnical review and prepared the conceptual stabilization design and cost estimates.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak