Riverview Health Westfield Hospital
American Structurepoint led the design on Riverview Health's new $50 million, 108,000-sft hospital facility. Outpatient services include an emergency department, work-med, employee clinic, laboratory, pain intervention, pharmacy, imaging, women’s breast center, same day surgery, and staff support space. Other areas include hospital clinics which include sports medicine, orthopedics, physical therapy/rehabilitation, family medicine, and pediatrics. Hospital specialties include, endocrinology/rheumatology/general surgery, and OB/GYN services. There is clinical office space for private practices including cardiology, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and ENT. The hospital has five inpatient beds with expansion capability to 16 additional rooms. Along with the inpatient beds, the hospital offers seven 23-hour observation beds as part of the same day surgery unit.
2019 Monumental Awards - Achievement Award for Architecture
This project includes a variety of Lean design and patient-aligned care elements that create efficiency and ease of use for the staff and patients. By walking through the program and workflow processes with staff, our medical planners and architects identified numerous efficiencies and were able to cut the original program by 30 percent.
We used a hoteling concept and consolidated services, which results in a better use of the space with streamlined operations. We created shared, dual-use pods on each floor that ensure no areas are sitting empty during down times. For example, emergency department, work-med, laboratory, and radiology services are located in one node with a shared waiting area. Staff are cross-trained to accommodate the needs of patients. The physical therapy and rehabilitation areas are also grouped and located adjacent to the sports medicine and orthopedic clinics on the fourth floor.
Retail healthcare spaces, including radiology, pharmacy, cafes, and other retail, are located on the first floor. These areas have a direct entrance with clear wayfinding to facilitate an easy-in/easy-out experience for customers.
Planetree concepts are used throughout the building to create holistic healing environments. Patients are greeted by clearly identified registration areas, artwork is placed throughout the building, integrative therapies are offered on each floor, and the campus includes healing environments inside and out. The outdoor water feature provides a healing garden space for patients and their family.
- What You Need to Know to Pursue A Career in Environmental Engineering
- What You Need To Know to Pursue A Career in Civil Engineering
- What You Need To Know to Pursue A Career in Structural Engineering
- Wright-Patterson AFB Hangar Conversion Named Best Regional Project By ENR Midwest
- American Structurepoint Celebrates Completion of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project in Virginia
- Hays County Celebrates Opening its Newest Roundabout
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- Project Spotlight: Transform 66 Outside the Beltway
- American Structurepoint Wins 2022 ACEC Indiana Grand Project Award
- Kaitlyn Currie, PE, Named ASCE Younger Member Engineer of the Year
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- Purdue University and American Structurepoint Receive National Engineering Award for Newman Road Underpass Project
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak