Oberting Road Water Main Relocation and Storage Tank
This project involved the installation of approximately 10,400-lft of 12-inch and 8-inch water main and the installation of a one million gallon ground storage tank. The proposed tank was designed to provide additional storage to the City of Greendale's existing one million gallon storage tank for future demands and fire flow. Modifications to an existing hydraulic model were completed to determine the operation of the system with the addition of the proposed storage tank, which is in the same pressure zone as the existing storage tank. Water main relocation was necessary to upgrade the existing 4-inch to 6-inch water lines along Oberting Road and US 50. The water main was relocated to fit in a narrow corridor with numerous existing utilities, including sanitary sewer, fiber optic lines, and overhead electric lines.
Additional challenges included design of the tank access drive up a hill with 25 percent slopes, working with IDEM to get an alternative technical standard approved for separation of water and sewer mains, and two creek crossings.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak