Jeffersonville Clarksville Flood Control District Pump Stations
American Structurepoint is leading a multi-discipline team in the design of two new flood control pump stations along the Ohio River. One station has two pumps with an initial capacity of 86 MGD and space for a third pump, while the other station includes three pumps with an initial capacity of 130 MGD and space for two additional pumps. The pump station design is following the hydraulic institute requirements for large pump stations which will provide correct inlet hydraulics for efficient pumping. Our team includes structural, electrical, and instrumentation engineers.
Upon construction, these new stations will replace existing facilities that were put into service in the 1940s. The space for additional pumps provides flexibility to the Flood Control District to install as needed when the existing stations are decommissioned. Station components include manual bar racks, individual 36-inch or 48-inch-diameter pump discharge pipes with air/vacuum release valves, variable frequency drives motors, and separate pump and electrical rooms. Also, the project expands vehicle access at each site and incorporates sustainable construction into the building design. The use of dedicated pump discharge pipes eliminates the need for isolation valves. American Structurepoint coordinated with regulatory agencies, including the USACE and assisted with funding issues as required. American Structurepoint continues to work with JCFCD to move this project into the final design phase by attending board meetings and providing input on alternatives and phasing options.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak