Ivy Tech Fire Training Area Storage Building
Our client desired to create a state-of-the-art, first-class training facility for the city of Lawrenceburg's fire department and students enrolled in Ivy Tech's fire fighter training program. This $1.1 million, 36,600-sft facility also serves as a regional training facility for smaller municipal fire departments around the state of Indiana. Consultants from American Structurepoint worked with local fire department personnel and multiple manufacturers to plan areas of sufficient size and clearances to achieve an optimal layout of available space.
Our firm’s design solution was also focused around the ability to administer various training situations. The training facility includes a multi-story fire training tower, a flashover chamber, a pump test pit for testing and certifying fire pumper trucks, and multiple gas-operated fire props. Included in the development was a small brick building housing miscellaneous storage, a restroom/shower room, and small training area. This unique urban complex reclaimed and transformed an unused portion of the school's parking lot to a distinct and purposeful center for preparing future heroes.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak