Geist, White River, and Fall Creek Production Well Replacement Design
American Structurepoint was contracted by Citizens Water to investigate suitable locations for new wells in order to increase the capacity of the Riverside, Fall Creek, and Geist wellfields, as well as the potential for groundwater development at Citizen’s White River North facility. This project began with a geologic and hydrogeologic characterization of the four wellfield areas to identify potential well locations, followed by field investigations including geophysical surveys (Geist and White River North) using both resistivity and seismic profiles.
Using the geophysical survey results, potential test drilling locations were selected for use in design of the new production wells. Two new production wells were designed at each of the Riverside and Fall Creek Wellfields, adding approximately 2-3 MGD of raw water capacity to these wellfields respectively. This design effort included over 2,500-feet of new 10-, 16- and 20-inch well collection mains at Fall Creek, and over 3,100-feet of new 8-, 12-, 20-, and 24-inch collection mains at Riverside. Particular project challenges included coordination with the Indianapolis Parks Department for construction of the two new Riverside wells within an existing public golf course and the Indiana State Fair Board for construction of the two new wells at the Fall Creek wellfield. Well design efforts included design of block well houses that incorporated additional features such as a guard house and drinking fountain and park bench at the Riverside wells, and a concession stand facility at one of the Fall Creek wells. These additional design elements were included to allow the well structures to blend in with the location and to provide an amenity for the surrounding facility.
At the Geist wellfield, four new production wells were designed as replacements for wells that were beyond their useful life. Three of the new wells were designed to include steel elevated platforms to maintain the top of the well and pumping system above the 100-year floodplain elevation. The four new wells included variable frequency drives for motor control, and the steel platforms incorporated a steel roofing system to protect the electrical equipment.The new production wells provide 5.5 MGD of dependable supply for Citizen’s Geist treatment plant. American Structurepoint provided engineering services throughout construction, including managing the performance testing and providing hydraulic analysis of the new wells based on extended aquifer testing to verify well capacity and sustainable yield.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak