Gary Marina Access Road
Because this new roadway project is located on a former industrial site (Lehigh Portland Cement), extensive consulting investigations were performed to characterize the nature and extent of soil and groundwater contamination at the site. American Structurepoint conducted a review of past environmental assessment and remediation work for construction of the access road and redevelopment of the former industrial property. Detailed technical evaluations of past site characterizations were prepared for areas of the road construction and the remainder of the property proposed for redevelopment.
A detailed technical scope for Phase II investigation of the Phase 2A Segment 1 road construction area and at two previously identified sites (B-14 and B-40) occurred. Field soil and groundwater sampling were performed with the collection and analysis of soil and groundwater samples. Based on the data collected, remediation workplans for the Phase 2A (Segment 1) and B-14 areas were prepared and coordinated with the Indiana Brownfields Program and IDEM on approval of the plans. Additional soil and groundwater investigations were conducted on the Phase 2A Segments 3 and 4 areas, including preparation of a soil and groundwater sampling plan, field sampling of soils and groundwater and preparation of the Phase II investigation report. A final remediation workplan for the Segment 3 and 4 areas was prepared including development of soil removal plans and special provisions and services for the Segment 3 area.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak