Garden City Water Main Distribution System
This project was undertaken by Indiana American Water Company (IAWC) to provide safe drinking water to a previously unserved mobile home community just north of Richmond. It had been determined the wells in this community had been contaminated for several years and needed to be taken out of the network.
Due to the potential health issues involved for the residents, the project qualified for special ARRA funding, causing the design and bidding to be greatly accelerated to meet their schedule. The water distribution system design involved the extension of approximately 4,660 feet of new 12-inch water main along US 27 and approximately 5,330 feet of new 8-inch water main within Garden City, including installation of system valves and fire hydrants, and providing service connections for the 86+ individual properties. In addition to the IDEM Construction Permit that was required, American Structurepoint also submitted and acquired the INDOT permit allowing for work in right-of-way to facilitate water main installation. Our engineering team provided the design and bidding services, as well as the construction inspection for this project.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak