Floatables Control Structure for CSO Outfall 009-010
American Structurepoint assisted F. A. Wilhelm Construction during the construction phase of this project to construct a combined sewer overflow (CSO) floatables control and diversion structure (with required equipment), temporary bypass structure, and new junction manhole at the location of CSO Outfall No. 10. This project is part of Terre Haute’s LTCP to eliminate/reduce CSOs. In addition to assisting Wilhelm with evaluating each potential bypass option, we also provided hydraulic and dynamic load calculations, structural design, and development of plans and specifications.
The original design required bypass pumping of all flow around the location of the floatables control and diversion structure. In order to decrease construction costs and provide for a more reliable bypass system, Wilhelm worked with American Structurepoint to develop an alternative bypass system that would allow gravity bypass of all flows up to a maximum of 121 MGD during the construction phase. Following analysis of several options, the selected option included the installation of a temporary seven-foot-wide by eight-foot-tall cast-in-place box conduit. In addition to assisting Wilhelm with evaluating each potential bypass option, we also provided hydraulic and dynamic load calculations, structural design, and development of plans and specifications.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak