Cumberland Avenue Reconstruction, Phase 3
West Lafayette, Indiana
The final phase of Cumberland Avenue involved extensive coordination with multiple neighborhoods, Cumberland Elementary School, and Temple Israel. This boulevard has a raised median, one eastbound and one westbound travel lane, and one parking lane in each direction. Because of the nature of the corridor, careful attention was paid to pedestrian, bicycle, and bus usage incorporation into the design. A new multi-use path was incorporated into the project, linking it to the City’s extensive trail system. Significant drainage improvements were included, and there are no longer standing puddles at locations that routinely flooded before construction. Lanes were reconfigured at the Cumberland Avenue/Salisbury Street intersection to improve alignment and motorist safety, and a new decorative traffic signal was installed. The project was an ACEC Engineering Merit Award winner.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak