Bridge 513 on Jackson Street over White River Replacement
This project consisted of the removal of the existing bridge over the White River and construction of a new bridge at the intersection of Jackson Street and White River Boulevard. The new bridge features a multi-use path with two overlooks, railing on both sides of the bridge as well as handrail for the multi-use path, and ornamental lighting. Other features include new traffic signals at the intersection and the addition of trail connectors for the Cardinal Greenway.
The new bridge was a 3-span continuous composite prestressed concrete bulb-T structure that was 55’-6” wide by 275-feet long and included 1 lane of traffic in each direction with a 5-feet-wide sidewalk on the north side of the bridge and a 10-feet-wide multi-use path on the south side with two pedestrian overlooks. Project elements included 5,450 lft of steel H piles, 324,000 lbs of reinforcing steel, 2,077 cys of structural concrete, and 1,623 lft of 36” x 49” concrete bulb-T beams. The bridge also included new traffic signals at the intersection, decorative railing on both sides of the bridge, and handrail and ornamental lighting. The multi-use path provides a river crossing for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and acts as a trail connector to the White River Greenway, which is part of the Cardinal Greenways, the longest rail-trail in Indiana. Due to funding availability, this LPA project was completed in just 12 months, more than two years quicker than most projects of this magnitude. Work was performed for Delaware County in conjunction with INDOT’s Greenfield District. Construction costs were $3.1 million.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak