Big Creek Watershed Study
Posey County, Indiana
This project involved the study of a specific part of the Big Creek Watershed between SR 66 and SR 69 to determine the probable cause of the recent increase in flooding in this area of the watershed and propose solutions to the flooding problem. Hydraulic and hydrologic analyses of the approximately six-mile-long study area were performed using available stream gauge and rainfall data, GIS data, and topographic data. A HEC-RAS model was created from the available data to determine approximate flood elevations. Projects upstream of SR 66 were also investigated to determine their effects on the stream flow downstream in the study area.
Meetings with the Posey County Surveyor, Posey County Drainage Board, and property owners were also held to gain information on observed conditions over time and to update interested parties on the study's progress. Funding options for the proposed solution were also examined. The final study report was delivered in October 2008.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak