39th Street over Fall Creek
This historic preservation project involved the rehabilitation of the historic 39th Street Bridge over Fall Creek. The 242-foot-long, 3-span, stone-faced, earth-filled concrete arch bridge was completed in 1905 using a Melan design and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Indianapolis Park and Boulevard System. The rehabilitation helped to ensure the continued utility and survival of this historic structure and also provided a key pedestrian linkage between the Fall Creek Greenway and the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Our professional engineering firm prepared a Level 2 Categorical Exclusion document, including conducting field investigation and data research of the project area with specific emphasis cultural and ecological resources. Field studies included a wetland delineation and an assessment of historic properties, an ESA including determination of potential hazardous waste locations and other potential environmental problem areas, and ecological assessments necessary for the proposed rehabilitation. Coordination of the USACE Section 404 Permit application and IDEM Section 401 Water Quality Certification application was also required for the completion of the project.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak