40th and Butler Avenue Drainage Improvements
This project included drainage improvements in the residential/urban area of the Butler neighborhood. The project is for the design of approximately two miles of hybrid ditches primarily along Grand Avenue, Butler Avenue, and Hawthorn Lane that will tie into existing storm water infrastructure. Hybrid ditches are being designed for sustainability and water quality improvements, which will allow stormwater runoff to percolate into the soil to replenish ground water.
The hybrid ditch consists of a perforated HDPE pipe in a stone envelope to allow storage of runoff in the void space and a positive outlet for water reaching the perforated pipe. Since a majority of the runoff will infiltrate through the grassed swales, water quality will increase by reducing the amount of sediment transported in the storm flows. The proposed drainage system will also diminish the peak flow rate seen by the existing downstream infrastructure. Additionally, mechanically stabilized stone and/or pervious pavers are being analyzed by our utility engineering consultants as potential solutions for the parking areas to allow for the infiltration of stormwater, further reducing the possibility for standing water in the street as well as area flooding.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak