16 Tech Program Management
The 16 Tech campus is a transformational project for Indianapolis that consists of approximately 60 acres in the heart of downtown being developed as a multidisciplinary innovation district, designed to attract global life sciences and technology companies, as well as other developments. American Structurepoint is involved in the first phase of development of the campus that will include design, construction, relocation, renovation, improvement and/or equipping of certain infrastructure as necessary to solicit, facilitate, and support private sector development of the 16 Tech campus. There will be 3.5 million sft of additional building space over the next ten years as the 16 Tech campus grows and expands. Our team developed a comprehensive traffic study for the entire development involving multiple intersections and new roadway connections that provide access to the overall development.
A significant component of the infrastructure design included the replacement of six existing water supply wells in the Citizens Riverside wellfield; the existing well locations constrain the development potential. Significant challenges for design of the well replacements included identification of new well locations within the developed west side of downtown Indianapolis. American Structurepoint completed a detailed analysis of potential well locations considering proximity to the Citizens White River Water Treatment Plant and potential sources of ground water contamination, as well as available supply capacity. The replacement wells needed to provide at least 6 MGD of capacity. Conceptual design of the new wells included an evaluation of traditional vertical wells, as well as feasibility of a Collector Well. Further design elements included approximately 7,500 lft of new raw water collection piping, elevated platforms for the new wells, and environmental permitting for the new wells as well as the overall 16 Tech development.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak