16 Tech Phase I Water Improvements
16Tech is a near-downtown Indianapolis development by the 16Tech Community Corporation intended to create within an under-used portion of the historic Riverside neighborhood an aesthetically exciting, modern innovation district to attract and house high-tech entrepreneurial organizations and to provide the community resources to support and stimulate professionals in residence. Biotechnology is an intended focus. The 50-acre master-planned development will require extensive relocations and upgrades of existing utilities to adapt to and serve planned spaces.
Phase 1 Water Improvements was an initial-stage project which relocated essential water transmission mains servicing downtown Indianapolis from the iconic Riverside pumping station.
The relocation work included two 36-inch (total about 1,900 LF) and one 24-inch (about 1,150 LF) pressure pipelines installed into master-planned utility easements to clear essential future construction sites as well as improve the integrity of the water transmission system across the proposed campus.
To maintain ongoing water service, two of the three water mains remained active at all times as new ductile iron pipes were installed. Due to their critical service, new pipes were installed with double-restrained joints and concrete thrust blocks with helical pile anchors. Line stops were installed on existing lines in the Spring of 2018 with main line installation following throughout 2019 and completing in March 2020. Work was suspended for 3 months such that all three lines would be available for the utility’s high demand period. Construction by Bowen Engineering Corporation and inspection by American Structurepoint and its partners were conducted in accordance with the exacting requirements of Citizens Energy Group, the affected utility. American Structurepoint’s construction-phase efforts were augment by our diversity partners.
The value of construction was approximately $6.2 million.
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak