Rising Sun Well Design Raw Water Main
Rising Sun, Indiana
Rising Sun Municipal Utilities (RSMU) determined an additional production well was necessary to provide adequate supply to their system. In addition, upgrades to the existing water treatment facilities, particularly disinfection and fluoride feed systems, were needed. The RSMU previously operated three production wells to supply the City of Rising Sun and outlying areas. Two of the existing wells were installed in the 1940s and were no longer capable of consistently supplying water to meet average daily demands, which average over 330,000 gallons per day.
One of the older wells was decommissioned due to lack of capacity. In order to meet existing and projected water demands, RSMU determined an additional production well was necessary to provide adequate supply to their system. In addition, upgrades to the existing water treatment facilities, particularly disinfection and fluoride feed systems, were needed. System design included design of a new 16-inch diameter production well with a capacity of 800 GPM, as well as a new well house structure to blend the new well into the residential area surrounding the wellfield. A Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) was also prepared as part of an application to receive State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) money. The PER included a review of all potential environmental impacts, and a public hearing to accept comments from the public.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak