Waverly Wellfield Raw Water Main
This new wellfield, consisting of six high-capacity wells, was designed to provide an initial dependable yield of 12 MGD, with the capability for expansion up to 24 MGD. American Structurepoint designed the production wells, including siting of four new wells and site approval for two existing 24-inch-diameter test wells.
The Indianapolis Department of Waterworks, through their operating contractor, Veolia Water-Indianapolis, initiated development of a new water supply wellfield to provide additional raw water supply. The new wellfield, consisting of six high-capacity wells, was designed to provide an initial dependable yield of 12 MGD, with the capability for expansion up to 24 MGD. American Structurepoint was contracted to design the production wells, including siting of four new wells and site approval for two existing 24-inch-diameter test wells. Well screen size and length were designed on the basis of test drilling data and formation sampling from the test holes. Specific elements of the project included design, analysis, and evaluation of aquifer testing (24-hour pumping tests) conducted on each of the new wells. The pumping test data were used for design of well pumping equipment, analysis of projected drawdown across the wellfield property, and siting future well locations. Key design challenges included location of the new well sites to minimize local and regional water level declines and considering the need to expand the wellfield in the future as water demands increase.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak