Water Master Plan, 20-Year Capital Improvement Plan
The city of Lawrence Water Utility serves a population of almost 45,000 and recently took back the operations management and ownership of the utility from a privatization venture. The City contracted with our company to perform a thorough evaluation of their existing water system and develop a 20-year capital improvement plan. A WaterGEMS model of the distribution system was developed and utilized to identify bottlenecks and pressure problems. Our engineers reviewed well testing and maintenance data to assess the condition of each production well and identify projected well replacements.
Facility condition assessments were performed at the water system buildings, including well houses, booster stations, and water plants. As a means of evaluating actual production capacity of each plant, full-scale operational testing was performed utilizing iron breakthrough to determine the capacity of the filter system. Our specialists performed a water audit to quantify "lost" water and to develop procedures for the utility to use in the future to self perform this task. Based on the evaluation of individual system components, a prioritized list of system improvements was developed and a multi-year capital improvement plan was prepared to facilitate system upgrades through the year 2020.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak