Vine Street Railroad Grade Separation
American Structurepoint provided construction inspection services for this $14.7 million railroad grade separation project on Vine Street between South Main Street and South Central Avenue. The project included construction of a new railroad bridge to carry the CSX and Norfolk Southern Lines over the railroad. Vine Street is now a three-lane roadway under the railroad bridge. This complex project involved constant coordination between the construction activities and CSX, Norfolk Southern, utility companies, and the public.
Our consultants also inspected the construction of a storm sewer system and a stormwater pump station, cast-in-place decorative retaining walls, and provided on-site inspection and testing for all concrete placed, including on the railroad bridge. The project also included graphic images on porcelain, enamel-coated graphic panels mounted to the side of the railroad bridge. These panels were constructed from graphic images provided by the City of Lima. The images included the Berkshire Locomotive, built by the Lima Locomotive Works in 1944. Other images mounted on the bridge included a historic Lima Train Station sign and a Lima Locomotive Works Badge. Specialists from American Structurepoint reviewed shop drawings and inspected the work to ensure the graphic images met the vision of the City of Lima.
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak