Traffic Signal Analysis and Design, Red Line Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
The Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation (IndyGo) is well positioned to bring the benefits of improved transit to the residents of central Indiana. The operating plans will optimize transit service efficiency by introducing BRT service that is frequent, fast, and reliable, redesigning existing service, and leveraging TSP and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) infrastructure. As the design partner for CDM Smith, American Structurepoint is providing traffic signal analysis and design, general roadway design, topographic survey, utility coordination, utility infrastructure design, right-of-way engineering and plan development, pavement design, maintenance of traffic, and public involvement coordination.
The project consists of 35 miles of reconfigured roadway to accommodate the BRT system. While portions of the system will accommodate the buses in mixed traffic, other portions require dedicated bus lanes. Those dedicated lanes will require reconfiguration of the existing roadway and/or additional widening of the roadway section. With the addition of BRT buses, it will be crucial to provide service with as few interruptions as possible, while maintaining regular vehicle traffic, pedestrians, bicyclists, and local buses along the route. This will be done by adjusting bike lanes, parking, lane configurations, and traffic signals in a way that achieves the desired product while minimizing unnecessary costs. The roadway segments affected by this project are a vital corridor for vehicle travel in Indianapolis; therefore, maintaining traffic during construction and minimizing effects to adjacent property owners and businesses also is also a key factor for the success of the project.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak