Three Rivers Protection and Overflow Reduction Tunnel (3RPORT) Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
As part of the city of Fort Wayne CSO Program, the consulting engineering team has started design of the 17-foot-diameter storage tunnel to collect, store, and transport combined sewer overflows to the Water Pollution Control Facility. As part of the design team, American Structurepoint is providing environmental services and collection system design for the project.
American Structurepoint was selected to provide complete design services of consolidation sewers associated with drop shafts DS-08 through DS-13 having approximately 3,000 linear feet of sewer and process design of eight diversion structures.
American Structurepoint also completed the Preliminary Site Assessment (PEA) for all the sites of the tunnel and consolidation sewer work including working/exit shafts, drop shafts, and open cut or microtunnel shafts for the relief work. The PEA identified areas where Phase I Environmental Site Assessments should be completed. Phase I ESAs for identified sites were completed in 2016. The necessity for Phase II ESAs are yet to be determined.
In addition to the ESAs, American Structurepoint conducted an evaluation of areas to be disturbed for the potential of sensitive area permits. The evaluations includes wetlands, endangered species, Indiana Department of Environmental Management jurisdiction, US Army Corps of Engineers jurisdictional waters of the US, and Indiana Department of Natural Resources jurisdiction.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak