Three Rivers Protection and Overflow Reduction Tunnel (3RPORT) Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
As part of the city of Fort Wayne CSO Program, the consulting engineering team has started design of the 17-foot-diameter storage tunnel to collect, store, and transport combined sewer overflows to the Water Pollution Control Facility. As part of the design team, American Structurepoint is providing environmental services and collection system design for the project.
American Structurepoint was selected to provide complete design services of consolidation sewers associated with drop shafts DS-08 through DS-13 having approximately 3,000 linear feet of sewer and process design of eight diversion structures.
American Structurepoint also completed the Preliminary Site Assessment (PEA) for all the sites of the tunnel and consolidation sewer work including working/exit shafts, drop shafts, and open cut or microtunnel shafts for the relief work. The PEA identified areas where Phase I Environmental Site Assessments should be completed. Phase I ESAs for identified sites were completed in 2016. The necessity for Phase II ESAs are yet to be determined.
In addition to the ESAs, American Structurepoint conducted an evaluation of areas to be disturbed for the potential of sensitive area permits. The evaluations includes wetlands, endangered species, Indiana Department of Environmental Management jurisdiction, US Army Corps of Engineers jurisdictional waters of the US, and Indiana Department of Natural Resources jurisdiction.
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- Project Spotlight: Transform 66 Outside the Beltway
- American Structurepoint Wins 2022 ACEC Indiana Grand Project Award
- Kaitlyn Currie, PE, Named ASCE Younger Member Engineer of the Year
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- Purdue University and American Structurepoint Receive National Engineering Award for Newman Road Underpass Project
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak