Standard Diamond Baseball Stadium, 117th Street Ballfields, and Parks
Whiting's Mayor Joseph Stahura led the vision to attract more visitors to the lakefront area by appealing to baseball fans, encouraging them to stay and shop, as well as eat at local restaurants, all while enjoying the festivities at the new ballfields and parks. The Standard Diamond Baseball Stadium project, led by American Structurepoint and Context Design, included the architectural and engineering overview of the park grounds, brick stadium, and precast concrete bleacher system for the 800-seat, fully accessible grandstand. The stadium also features raised-lawn seating for another 200 fans, a press box, recessed dugouts, and concessions. Standard Diamonds Park also includes a concourse plaza area, complete with a memorial wall of fame celebrating Whiting's baseball heritage. The plaza space is used for various community and cultural events and may be rented for private functions. American Structurepoint also designed the 117th Street Ballfields and play parks.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak