SR 152 over CSX and IHB RR Bridge
SR 152 (Indianapolis Boulevard) is a major north-south link for the City of Hammond Indiana that had a 9-span steel truss bridge over the Gibson Railroad yard. The structure was deemed functionally obsolete by INDOT and required replacement. At the same time the Gibson Railroad yard desired to add additional shipping capacity which would mean 2,200 feet of the existing 4-lane road from Summer Street north to Michigan Avenue would also need to be widened and upgraded.
The wider roadway was accommodated using MSE walls to minimize additional right-of-way. Several types of bridge options were investigated for the 1,200-foot replacement structure. American Structurepoint designed a precast concrete bulb tee bridge and a welded steel plate girder bridge for INDOT to bid alternates against each other to realize the most cost effective alternative. The bridge has concrete hammerhead interior piers supported by piles and footings, and has expansion end bents with mudwalls and modular expansion joints. Construction of this $18,000,000 project was completed in one year.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak