Prairie Street over Norfolk-Southern Railroad
This project required preparation of a Level 4 Categorical Exclusion document, including conducting field investigation and data research of the project area with specific emphasis on cultural and socioeconomic resources. The proposed project area includes one historic district listed on the National Register, as well as two individual properties and one district eligible for the National Register, which required evaluation of the historic properties and preparation of Section 106 documentation, including meeting with consulting parties due to anticipated adverse effects on identified historic properties. An individual Section 4(f) evaluation was prepared due to impacts on a local park and right-of-way acquisition from historic properties.
The project is also located within a defined Environmental Justice (EJ) area, as the project area has a relatively large Hispanic population. Consultation with local Hispanic groups determined potential EJ impacts resulting from the project and developed project components to minimize adverse impacts to community cohesion. An initial site assessment (ISA) for evaluation of hazardous material sites within the proposed project limits revealed two sites, a former gas station (UST) and dry cleaner, that will require Phase II evaluations prior to right-of-way acquisition. On August 23, 2012, the Level 4 Categorical Exclusion was approved by INDOT and FHWA.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak