OSU Street and Bridge Maintenance, Phase 1, Part B
This project encompasses the design and construction administration of four individual projects on the main campus of The Ohio State University. The first project is a roadway rehabilitation/reconstruction project along Woody Hayes Drive between Coffey Road and John Herrick Drive. The second project is a bridge rehabilitation for the John Herrick Drive bridge over the Olentangy River. The third project is the rehabilitation of Waterman Farm Drive and the fourth is the rehabilitation/resurfacing of Carmack Road.
The Woody Hayes Drive project consisted of a condition assessment to identify locations where improvements are needed, along with the associated construction costs. Work along Woody Hayes Drive included pavement, curb and sidewalk repair and/or replacement, drainage improvements, replacement of street lighting, signalization, landscaping, and pedestrian facility improvements. The John Herrick Drive bridge over the Olentangy River project involved an in-depth inspection of the structure to determine the condition of the existing superstructure and substructure units. Rehabilitation plans were developed for the existing bridge that included replacement of the approach slabs, abutment backwalls, expansion joints, and wearing surface. In addition, the concrete substructure units were patched and sealed, the approach roadway and sidewalks were rehabilitated, and the street lighting was updated. The Waterman Farm Drive project consisted of base reclamation and a new asphalt surface course of the roadway that loops between Kenny Road and Lane Avenue. The Carmack Road project consisted of a condition assessment to identify locations where pavement improvements are needed, along with the associated construction costs. Work along Carmack Road included full-depth pavement replacement for approximately 800 feet with the remainder of the roadway being resurfaced. The maintenance-of-traffic plan had to address a temporary detour plan for the university bus system. On-going coordination with multiple university departments (Student Life, Facilities, Transportation, Police, Utilities, and Athletics, etc.) is included throughout the design and construction of these projects.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak