On-Call Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection
INDOT Crawfordsville District, Indiana
American Structurepoint provided erosion and sediment control and permit compliance inspection services for multiple projects within the Crawfordsville District. Our responsibilities of the contract included weekly site inspections of active construction projects for erosion and sediment control and permit compliance, review of contract documents and regulatory permits, review of contractor’s storm water pollution prevention plans, and meeting with regulatory agencies as needed to resolve environmental compliance issues. Our firm coordinated efforts with the INDOT project engineer, area engineer, and contractors to resolve and discuss any erosion and sediment control issues. We provided weekly erosion and sediment control reports to the INDOT PE/PS that we have used to generate effective solutions in the field.
Assignments under this on-call contract include the following:
SR 25 Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
This project encompassed 10 small structure replacements, 2 bridge replacements, and approximately 11 miles of roadway resurfacing along SR 25 east of Lafayette, Indiana. The roadway exists on a bluff above the Wabash River, with steep slopes on either side of the roadway. Quick stabilization of the slopes was vital to the success of this project’s Erosion and Sediment Control Plan. By attending nearly every weekly progress meeting, our specialists quickly identified deficiencies and prevented small problems from developing into larger ones.
SR 641 Phase III Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection, Terre Haute, Indiana
This project is a 2.1-mile new roadway construction project on new alignment through rolling terrain. The total land disturbance for this project is over 140 acres, with multiple new stream crossings and wetlands within and adjacent to the project area. The erosion and sediment control was bid as a design-build item, which led to some initial difficulties with contractor responsiveness. Following a rocky start, construction management made it clear that shortfalls would not be tolerated, and the contractor increased compliance efforts dramatically. Moving toward winter shut down, American Structurepoint put a comprehensive punch list together, and the project has maintained compliance through the fall and winter.
SR 641 Phase IV Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection, Terre Haute, Indiana
This is an approximately 3.2-mile new roadway on partial new alignment through rolling terrain. The total land disturbance for this project is 150 acres, with numerous stream crossings and realignments, and wetlands within and adjacent to the project area. Construction management began this project with a focus on erosion and sediment control compliance, and with American Structurepoint’s inspection assistance, the project has moved through a season of construction with only minimal difficulties. With the help of our pre-winter punch list, the project has continued through the winter without significant issues.
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak