National Guard Rickenbacker Enclave Paving Renovation
American Structurepoint provided engineering services at the Rickenbacker Army Enclave, which is located on the former Rickenbacker Air Force Base. Our work included pavement and drainage condition assessments, identifying improvements, preparing cost estimates, programming the phasing of construction for the improvements, preparation of construction documents, and construction administration.
Our field inspection determined the existing condition of the pavements and drainage, as well as the locations to perform subsurface investigation. Following our inspection, subsurface investigation and field surveys were performed. Field data was compiled and analyzed. Pavement and drainage conditions needing improvement included deteriorating pavement edges, little or no pavement cross slopes, lack of ditches to accommodate pavement surface and subsurface drainage, and insufficient width of pavement to accommodate turning vehicles at driveway and intersection radii.
A pavement and drainage analysis report was prepared, which included field and analysis data, recommended improvements, cost estimates, and a program for phased construction. Our findings were presented in a pavement analysis report, which also included recommended improvements. The improvements include pavement resurfacing, full-depth pavement replacement, enhancing pavement cross-slopes to improve stormwater runoff, and installing shoulders. Drainage improvements include constructing ditches and grading the earth away from the pavement edges, and replacing or adding new storm sewer catch basins and pipes.
American Structurepoint provided design services, surveying, and on-site construction administration, including final inspection for certification of completion of construction.
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- Project Spotlight: Transform 66 Outside the Beltway
- American Structurepoint Wins 2022 ACEC Indiana Grand Project Award
- Kaitlyn Currie, PE, Named ASCE Younger Member Engineer of the Year
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- Purdue University and American Structurepoint Receive National Engineering Award for Newman Road Underpass Project
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak