Naab Road Medical Center Renovation for Clinical Research
American Structurepoint was responsible for the exterior renovation of an existing office building and for providing architectural space planning and construction document services for a clinical research facility and two medical groups. The clinical research group wanted to be closely aligned with a local hospital and chose to remodel the top two floors of this three-story medical office building. Because this was a change in occupancy for the building, an extensive code review was performed and, as a result, a new stair and elevator tower was added, creating a new entry exclusively for the research facility.
The project included dorm-type rooms for the study volunteers on each floor, with a special studies and telemetry area on the third floor. The facility contains a warming kitchen, pharmacy, lab, and dosing areas along with recreational lounge areas on each floor. The project was on a critical path for design and construction, requiring double shifts during construction, and was successfully opened and approved by the regulatory agencies in time for their first clinical study. The spaces for the two St. Vincent medical groups were planned and documents prepared concurrently with the clinical research project.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak