Massillon Road/Steese Road Roundabout
This project began with conceptual design of a two-lane roundabout at the intersection of Massillon and Steese Roads. At the direction of the city engineer, a capacity analysis was performed for the proposed roundabout versus a signalized intersection under design as part of the Massillon Road widening.
The analysis demonstrated a roundabout could provide the City a Level of Service of A, even at the 20-year design horizon. The city of Green decided to eliminate the signalized intersection design and replace it with a roundabout, and American Structurepoint was selected to design this roundabout. To allow costs to remain stable on the non-roundabout portion of the Massillon Road widening, effort was made to place this roundabout on the same alignment as the signalized intersection originally proposed, avoiding redesign of the widening of Massillon Road outside the roundabout limits. The roundabout was also on a constant grade, providing for a non-typical roundabout drainage scheme. Three corners of this intersection had structures that were avoided by manipulating portions of the roundabout design, such as the inscribed diameter, the location of the center, and the layout of the approach legs. The design also corrects an offset of the Steese Road approach with a private drive approach from a manufactured mobile home area on one corner of the intersection. Our engineering consultants also prepared a three-dimensional video showing what it would be like to drive through the roundabout that the city of Green posted on their website to inform and educate their citizens.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak