Lazelle Road Water Main and Roadway Improvements
This engineering project involves final design to improve the Lazelle Road corridor from west of Flint Road (as needed for lane addition tapers and vertical realignment) to Sancus Boulevard, including improvements to the intersections of Lazelle Road with Flint Road and South Old State Road and replacement of the railroad underpassess. The new roadway sections include new curb and gutter and a closed storm sewer system. Rain gardens are used for the Best Management Practices. Curb cuts are added to allow the surface water to reach the rain garden and any overflow water will captured and returned to the system via an overflow structure in the rain garden.
Sections of the existing city of Columbus and Del-Co water lines were replaced to accommodate the new closed storm sewer system and the lowering of Lazelle Road as well as Flint Street to meet vertical clearance requirements under the bridges. The overall water main design is essentially comprised of pipes from 6-inch to 16-inch with an aggregate length of 2,829 lft. The water main design also included new fire hydrants, valves, fittings, and other appurtenances. Traffic is to be maintained during construction by use of temporary pavement and marked detours. Phase 1 and 3 maintains traffic in both directions during construction. Phase 2 uses a one-lane, one-way traffic for Lazelle Roade eastbound traffic and a detour for Lazelle Road westbound traffic.
Right-of-way documents include the preparation of right-of-way plans and legal descriptions compliant with ODOT standards and that meet the conveyance requirements for both Delaware County and Franklin County. The right-of-way plans include the preparation of railroad plats for two separate railroad owners within the project and the preparation of detailed plan sheets for multiple alignments and a roundabout. Consulting work includes the preparation of approximately 65 legal descriptions for warranty deed takes, permanent, and temporary easements.
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak