Indiana Heart Physicians
This award-winning, 3-story, 62,265-sft medical office building consolidated the cardiology practice previously split among several locations. American Structurepoint’s civil engineers provided site due diligence, site concepts, and then provided design and permitting services. Placement of the new building on a suburban site allowed for a dramatic approach and a radial parking concept, which meant hospital patients, staff, and visitors were fairly close to the front door.
This brick veneer and EIFS facility houses administrative functions, diagnostic and clinical areas, research, and a heart catheterization lab. The first-floor lobby and waiting area with full-height curtain wall day lighting acts as the primary entry for patients. From here, they can access registration, the cath lab suite, blood draw lab, and diagnostic areas all located on the first floor.
Patients coming to the center for doctor consultations, follow-ups, etc., are directed to the second and third floor clinical areas. These two floors are divided into three bays. Two bays are used as clinical and staff areas and one bay for administrative areas.
The clinical bays are sub-divided into pods. The pods are accessed directly from waiting areas stacked above the main waiting. Each pod contains patient education rooms, exam rooms, medical assistant staff areas, checkout and scheduling areas, dictation, and housekeeping. The nursing support staff is located at one end of the pod out of patient flow, but directly accessible to patient areas. The physician area is separated from the nursing support staff by a sound attenuated partition, but is also easily accessible to staff and patient areas. The physicians and staff have access to the first floor diagnostic and cath lab areas via vertical staff circulation.
The administrative bays, located on the second and third floors, house the executive offices, accounting, medical records, IT, training, break, and conference areas. The facility was designed for a second cath lab and future imaging area on the first floor. The site will accommodate the addition of a fourth bay for future expansion. They also have the option of relocating some of the administrative functions off-site to allow for expansion of the clinical area into the second- or third-floor administrative bays.
The primary goal of consolidation was successfully accomplished with a facility design that enhances patient/staff efficiency, the overall experience of the patient, and provides a well-organized patient/staff flow.
- Hays County Celebrates Opening its Newest Roundabout
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- Project Spotlight: Transform 66 Outside the Beltway
- American Structurepoint Wins 2022 ACEC Indiana Grand Project Award
- Kaitlyn Currie, PE, Named ASCE Younger Member Engineer of the Year
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- Purdue University and American Structurepoint Receive National Engineering Award for Newman Road Underpass Project
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak